Search

Followers

Wednesday, May 9, 2007

King Herod's Tomb FOUND


Ok, this has been around in the media for quite a while, but I've finally decided to post it here, since I just can't seem to stop seeing all over the internet. I figured if I post it on my website, it should all stop (by some magical way jinxing the story).

Extract:

THE Hebrew University in Jerusalem says it has found the missing tomb of King Herod the Great, a pivotal figure in the religious and political history of the Holy Land.

If confirmed, the tomb's discovery at the palace complex of Herodium, 12 kilometres south-east of Jerusalem, in the occupied West Bank, could be one of the most significant finds in Middle-Eastern archaeology in many years.

The Jewish ruler of the Roman client state of Judea, Herod is believed to have played a key role in the developments of both the Judaic and Christian faiths at a time of spiritual and military turmoil.

Source: The Age Newspaper

No comments:

Post a Comment